You’ve heard the term digital marketing strategy, defined as the plan of action to reach predetermined marketing goals. Common goals for a digital marketing strategy include generating more leads, earning more website traffic, and ranking higher on the SERPs.
A Digital Marketing Strategy Is Different Than a Digital Marketing Campaign
Oftentimes, these two terms are used interchangeably; however, they are not the same thing. As mentioned, the digital marketing strategy is your plan of action—the steps you have laid out that you need to follow to reach your goal. And your digital marketing campaign is the actual actions taking place. So basically, the strategy is the “talk” and the campaign is the “walk”.
How to Create Your Digital Marketing Strategy
Developing a digital marketing strategy takes a lot of planning and research. This is a just a short summary of what it takes to create a solid vision:
- Create a Detailed Buyer Persona. You need to know your target market inside and out in order to effectively market to them.
- Clearly State Marketing Goal(s). Make sure your goals are precise and attainable.
- Inventory Current Digital Assets. This includes your website, blog, and social media accounts, as well as any mentions you have on other sites. You also want to report any paid media accounts you currently have in place, such as AdWords, sponsored posts, or paid social media posts. Essentially, you need to have a spreadsheet that puts all of your digital marketing efforts and resources in one easy-to-read format.
- Evaluate Current Digital Marketing Efforts. Analyze what is working and what is not. How much you are spending, and how much you are getting in return?
- Write Out a Detailed Plan. What specific steps are you going to take to reach your goal? Will you include social media advertising? Content marketing? A PPC campaign?
Now that you have a digital marketing strategy written down, it’s time to turn it into a digital marketing campaign that can get you results. At Zero Gravity Marketing, we are experts at creating digital marketing strategies, and then following through with effective digital marketing campaigns. To receive your free digital marketing analysis, contact us now.