Google Recommends an SEO Agency to Help Your Business Flourish: Learn Their Best Practices on How to Choose One
Of course we think that all companies should seek out the help of an SEO agency to improve their search engine rankings, traffic, and conversions, but now, Google has officially stated that they agree. In a relatively short 12-minute video, Maile Ohye of Google discusses why an SEO agency can be extremely beneficial to your brand, and then she walks you through the hiring process to ensure you choose the right one.
The video is very detailed and covers a lot of valuable information, and if you have the time, we absolutely recommend that you watch it. However, if you prefer the CliffsNotes version, here are the key takeaways from the Google video:
- An SEO agency can provide extremely useful services for your website, including website design, website flow, content development, keyword research, technical advice and support, and expertise on your specific audience and location.
- The potential that an SEO agency brings to your bottom line is only as high as the quality of your website and your business.
- On average, it takes an SEO agency four months to a year to implement their recommendations and see the potential they bring.
- The way Google’s algorithm works, when you are making changes to improve your SEO efforts, you are also making your site better for your online visitors. It’s a win-win.
- Conducting a two-way interview is a vital step to choosing an SEO agency. You need to find a firm that is genuinely interested in what you do and what you have to offer. They should be asking questions to make sure they understand your goals, your customers, and the other aspects of your marketing strategy.
- Always check the references of the SEO agency you are considering to make sure they are who they seem to be.
- Get a technical and search audit from the SEO agency (and plan to pay for it). Give the firm access to your Google Display Network and Google Analytics account and let them create a real-life example of how they think they can help you. This audit should include not only the suggested changes, but also an estimate on how much you can expect to pay, the impact it will make on your business, and the timeframe involved for the benefits to come to fruition. The technical audit will unveil any issues your site has with crawlability, internal linking, URL parameters, etc.
- Hiring an SEO agency is only a wise decision if you are willing to implement the SEO improvements they recommend. If you are not, you will not see any results no matter which one you choose to hire.
Take the first step to improve your business and request your free SEO audit from Zero Gravity Marketing today. We would love to show you why we are the best SEO agency for you.
Check out Google’s video here: