You may be an avid YouTube watcher—many people are—which is why your brand should have a strong presence on the social media platform. Every day, videos on YouTube garner billions of views, and these views are not just about entertainment. Many people use YouTube as their go-to learning tool, and it’s time for your company to start teaching.
YouTube Can Boost Your Brand Reach
No matter what industry you are in, you are an expert in something: something that other people are not experts in. By incorporating YouTube SEO into your Digital Marketing strategy, you can reach the people that are seeking advice in your industry, and then build trust with them and convert them into customers. Here are the top three reasons why you should have a strong YouTube presence:
- Step Up Your Engagement Level – As you know, building a relationship with your customers is half the battle. By using video to tell your story or demonstrate your product instead of simply relying on writing, you draw more people in, and keep them intrigued for longer.
- Enjoy YouTube SEO Benefits – Yes, YouTube videos do show up in Google’s search results, so by making your presence known on the platform, you are giving yourself another opportunity to rank for your keywords.
- Expand Your Reach – Once someone watches your youtube video, you can then encourage them to subscribe to your channel or click through to your website, further increasing the amount of contact you get with them.
YouTube Optimization Is Vital
Just like with all things in the online space, if you don’t take the time and effort to optimize your content, it won’t be seen and you won’t be able to reap any of the aforementioned rewards for your efforts. Since Google bots do not watch videos, it’s your job to make sure they know exactly what you are talking about in them. Here’s how:
- Use a Keyword in Your Title – Choose your main keyword and make sure to use it in your title, while still crafting a title that is enticing to the searcher.
- Incorporate Tags with Discretion – As awesome as the tagging feature in YouTube is, you have to make sure you only include tags that are relevant to your video. YouTube rankings are all about how long people watch your video—not just how many people click on it—so if the content doesn’t match up to the query, your view times will be minuscule.
- Take Advantage of the Description – Your video description is your chance to entice the viewer, yes, but it is also your opportunity to tell the algorithm exactly what the video is about. You should make the description several hundred words and include your keywords so it is easy to find for both Google’s and YouTube’s search engines.
- Consider Transcription – While a thorough description is fantastic, a full transcript of your video underneath the description is even better. This gives your more chances to incorporate your keywords, while also giving the viewers the opportunity to learn from your video if they have to keep the volume off. And if you don’t want to do the transcription yourself, there are many transcription services that can do it for you for a very reasonable price.
YouTube is one of the hidden gems in the world of SEO. If you can use YouTube optimization efficiently, you can see an increase in traffic and conversions in record time. To learn more about how YouTube might work within your industry, contact us today.