One of the biggest problems digital marketers face is people visiting your site or clicking on an ad without making a purchase. This can be a frustrating feeling – like you did everything except get the customer over the finish line. Fortunately, there’s a way to turn this negative experience around. Just because a visitor didn’t buy anything doesn’t mean they disappeared completely. You can use Google Ads to remarket to those people in ways that recapture their attention and eventually get them to make a purchase.
What Is Remarketing & How Does It Work?
Remarketing (also known as retargeting) involves serving ads to people who have already visited your website or engaged with your content. The process allows you to see your potential customers’ behaviors by “following” them around the internet and serving advertisements on the sites and platforms they use often via the Google Display Network.
When you utilize remarketing, you connect with those who have interacted with your brand online. Thanks to cookies and tracking technology, you can strategically place your ads in front of the perfect audience: those who previously expressed an interest in your company. This process helps strengthen brand awareness and reminds those users to make purchases.
Types of Remarketing
There are multiple forms of remarketing, and the type you choose may depend on your business or campaign goals.
- Shows display ads to past visitors who previously landed on your website and left.
- Targets consumers who have searched for terms that are related to the products and services your business offers.
- Serves ads that are tailored specifically for the user, depending on the behaviors they exhibited on your webpages.
- Involves the use of messaging crafted specifically for the person viewing the ad.
- Helps increase the chances of users coming back to your site to complete their purchases.
Remarketing Campaign Setup
If you’re wondering how to advertise on Google and create remarketing ads, we’ve got you covered! Google Ads remarketing can seem intimidating at first, but if you follow a few simple steps, you’ll be on your way in no time. Here’s a quick overview of the process:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Choose “Campaigns” from the page menu.
- Select the “Plus” button to create a new campaign.
- Choose your campaign’s goals.
- Select “Display” as the campaign type.
- Name your campaign and choose the locations, languages, bidding, and budget.
- Select “Automated” in the “Targeting” section to optimize your targeting efforts. This will allow machine learning to take over your Google remarketing ads endeavor.
- Create your display ads.
- Launch your campaign.
After running several campaigns, you can play around with the settings and learn more about your customers’ behaviors. More information allows you to craft better content that will excite users and entice them to buy from your brand.
Collaborate with Zero Gravity Marketing
If you need help with your Google remarketing campaigns, reach out to our team of digital marketing gurus. Learn how we help our clients maximize brand exposure and make the most of every ad campaign.