What is Outsourcing SEO?
Search engine optimization (SEO) outsourcing is contracting a company or individual to perform SEO services on behalf of another company. It is typically sought out by businesses that need more time, resources, or expertise than they have themselves to carry out effective SEO campaigns. By learning how to outsource your SEO, you can ensure your company is focused on its core competencies while still achieving its desired level of online visibility.
What Can Be Outsourced?
The scope of what can be outsourced regarding SEO is vast. Here are some of the most common tasks that are outsourced for digital marketing solutions:
- Keyword research: Outsourcing keyword research can be beneficial if you lack the time or resources to do it yourself. Keyword research is the foundation of any good SEO campaign, fueling both on- and off-page optimization efforts by giving you a better understanding of the terms your target audience uses to find your products or services.
A strong outsourced local SEO company will research the most popular keywords, related phrases, long-tail keywords, and even negative keywords to ensure your campaigns are as targeted and effective as possible.
Some key considerations for outsourcing keyword research include:
- Defining your target audience
- Identifying your business goals
- Analyzing your website content and structure
- Researching your competitors
- On-page optimization: Once you have a list of targeted keywords, a digital marketing agency can start optimizing your website for them. This process usually involves updating your title tags, meta descriptions, header tags, and image alt text to include your target keywords. It may also involve rewriting existing website content to make it more relevant and keyword-rich.
Important on-page optimization factors to consider include:
- Title tags
- Meta descriptions
- Heading tags (H1, H2, etc.)
- Image alt text
- Internal linking
- Anchor text
- URL structure
- Off-page optimization: This is about building links to your website from other websites to increase the authority and reliability of your website in the eyes of search engines. If done effectively, this can result in higher rankings. Quality link building is a complex and time-consuming process, making it one of the most commonly outsourced SEO tasks.
Some factors to consider when outsourcing link building include:
- The quality of the links
- The relevancy of the links
- The diversity of the links
- The number of links
- Content marketing: Creating keyword-rich content is essential for any successful SEO campaign. However, it’s also a time-consuming task that often requires the help of professional writers. SEO companies typically have internal writers that specialize in creating high-impact, keyword-optimized content that can help improve your website’s visibility and organic traffic.
Some factors to consider when outsourcing content marketing include the following:
- The quality of the writing
- The relevance of the topics
- The diversity of the content
- The frequency of the content
- Reporting and analysis: Ongoing reporting and analysis are essential for understanding the performance of your SEO campaigns and making necessary adjustments. A good SEO company will provide you with detailed monthly reports that track your progress and identify areas for improvement.
Some factors to consider when outsourcing reporting and analysis include:
- The clarity of the reports
- The frequency of the reports
- The level of detail in the reports
- The analysis and recommendations
Your SEO strategy hugely impacts your digital marketing plan, but having an expert on staff can get costly. Using reseller SEO services offers your company a boost in productivity and expertise as an SEO company can implement the strongest strategy to give you paid and organic search results, adding another layer to your marketing returns (and one you would miss with traditional advertising).
Here are a few of the top benefits of outsourcing SEO you can expect with strong SEO reseller services in your corner:
- Expertise. This is the number one reason to enlist the help of an SEO agency. SEO is an ever-changing field, and having a specialist on staff can be costly. Plus, there are many working parts to your SEO strategy that one or a few individuals might need help managing efficiently. Outsourcing your SEO means that you get a team of professionals who are experts in the field.
- Proven Results. For smaller companies, the great equalizer of the internet has been that it levels the playing field. However, older techniques no longer reap the benefits they once did, and trial-and-error methods used by entrepreneurs of the past won’t get you the same significant results. An experienced SEO company can offer proven results that meet or exceed your goals.
- Content Analysis. A good SEO reseller will start with the content you already have. They will analyze your website, design, graphics, and data to determine how well your SEO is functioning before consulting on improvements. You get to keep what works and get a detailed roadmap on how to improve your results.
- Improved Ranking. The end game in using the best SEO practices is improving your page ranking. A better page ranking will help your company reach an audience you couldn’t find through paid advertising alone.
- Increased Profits. The goal of a good content marketing strategy isn’t just increased page views; it’s increased revenue. With a good SEO company, your digital marketing efforts will reap increased conversion rates, which means higher profits for your business.
- Monthly Reporting. Your white label SEO agency will furnish you with monthly reporting so that you can see the impact of the investment right away. This allows your company to determine whether the cost is worth it, and you can cancel the service if you do not see the results you estimated.
- Increased Employee Productivity. Taking the large job of SEO from your marketing department means that your employees can concentrate on their areas of expertise. For smaller businesses especially, this can be more cost-effective and improves employee morale.
How to Choose an SEO Company
When it comes to outsourcing SEO services, not all companies are created equal. It’s essential to choose a trusted SEO agency with a proven track record of success that can tailor its services to meet your specific needs. Here are a few factors to consider when choosing an SEO company:
- The company’s experience: Look for an agency that has extensive experience in the SEO industry. The company should be able to provide you with a portfolio of past clients and results.
- The company’s approach: Make sure the agency you choose has a solid understanding of your business goals and a customized approach to meeting those goals.
- The company’s reputation: Choose an agency with a good reputation in the industry. Check out online reviews and ask for referrals from past clients.
- The company’s transparency: Ensure that the agency is transparent about its pricing and services. The company should be able to provide you with a detailed proposal that outlines the cost of its services.
- The company’s communication: The agency you choose should be easy to communicate with and responsive to your needs. For example, the company should be available to answer your questions and address your concerns in a timely manner that leaves you feeling satisfied and able to update your internal teams on project progress.
Questions to Ask an Outsourcing SEO Company
When outsourcing SEO, choosing a company you can trust is crucial. To help you make the best decision, here are a few questions to ask an outsourced SEO company:
1. What are the goals for the client?
When first meeting with an SEO company, you will want to share as many details as possible about your business goals. They should be able to quickly digest this information and share what they think are the best goals for you and other clients they have worked with in the industry.
2. What is your approach to creating an SEO strategy?
An SEO company should always provide you with an SEO proposal that outlines its approach to your specific project. This proposal should include a detailed explanation of the company’s methodology. If the company cannot provide you with this information, they likely do not have a solid understanding of your project, and you should look elsewhere.
3. What is the timeline of when you can expect to see results?
The company should be able to provide you with a realistic timeline of when they can expect to see results from their efforts. This timeline should include key milestones and deliverables, such as when specific steps will launch, when you can expect an increase in traffic, and when you can expect an increase in sales or conversions.
4. How will communication be?
Make sure to establish communication expectations early on in the relationship. You should know how often you can expect updates, what format the updates will be in, and who will be your main point of contact. A good working relationship and communication with your outsourced SEO company should be key to maintaining that relationship.
Do You Need An Experienced SEO Agency?
Would your company benefit from the help of a skilled SEO company? Contact Zero Gravity Marketing today, a full-service digital marketing agency in Connecticut, to see how our experienced staff can improve your digital marketing strategy.