From stories to shoppable posts and IGTV, Instagram is constantly evolving and creating new ways for users to share and interact on its platform. Their newest feature, Reels, adds yet another outlet for brands and individuals to create digital content. It’s fairly new to the game, but if you know anything about TikTok, you’re already familiar with its foundation.
The future of TikTok is unclear, but consumers of its content have come to enjoy the benefits of its funny, creative, and even educational bite-sized videos. With over one billion users worldwide, the platform is a leader in the current social media landscape. However, Instagram is positioned to attract these audience members with the release of Reels.
What is Instagram Reels?
Instagram Reels offers a new way to create content on the platform. Reels enables you to make fun videos that you can share with your followers, ultimately increasing brand awareness on the web. With this tool, you can easily record 15-second clips and edit them with audio, effects, and more. This helps you showcase what your company is about, how your products can benefit customers, and why people should care about your brand.
Bear in mind that Instagram Reels is new, which means if you implement it in your social media strategy now, you’ll be getting in at the ground level. You’ll have access to a large audience while enjoying the following benefits:
- Less Competition – Many companies have yet to start using this brand-new feature. As an early adopter, you can have a leg up on the competition.
- Opportunities for Trial and Error – Early adoption also gives you time to figure out what works and what doesn’t before everyone else gets the hang of the platform.
- Powerful Yet Concise Content – With Instagram Reels, you only get 15 seconds to showcase your brand, so you’ll learn how to cut down your content and only highlight the best and brightest material you have available.
- Insightful Analytics – Although Reels is just starting out, it’s safe to say that you’ll soon have your hands on information that will tell you who’s watching your content and which videos perform best. This data can help you form your ongoing social media plan.
How to Use Instagram Reels
When it comes to new social media features, you don’t want to jump in without a plan. Fortunately, you have the Zero Gravity Marketing team on your side to guide you.
Here are a few tips and tricks you should consider before you create your first Reels campaign:
- Make Original Content That Speaks Directly to Your Audience – Just like on TikTok, Reels is all about being original, authentic, and memorable. Let your brand’s true identity show through your videos.
- Utilize Filters and Visual Effects – Instagram Reels offers a vast assortment of tools that are available at your fingertips – use them! AR filters(or computer-generated effects that layer over your real-life camera images) can make your videos even more engaging.
- Reveal Products, Promos, and Demos –Show people how to use your products and be sure to include a few hashtags to help enhance your audience’s journey to finding your brand.
Are you ready to make the most of Instagram Reels? Zero Gravity Marketing is here to help. Contact us today for more information about how we can help you craft a winning social media strategy!