Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is valuable for businesses of all sizes, across all industries. However, the best SEO approach to take depends on the specifics of your organization. This is especially true for local businesses that rely on in-person services or have a brick-and-mortar storefront or office. These establishments need to make sure that people are able to find them both online and in real life. This can be accomplished through strategic local SEO services, which work to optimize your website for a local audience.
All local businesses should be invested in increasing their search presence, especially on Google. Local SEO will help you show up on search engine results pages (SERPs) and Google Maps more often, which can expand your audience and bring in more customers.
While an effective Local SEO plan involves a variety of strategies, one of the most important aspects is your Google Business Profile listing (GMB), which must be optimized and updated frequently to see the best results from your efforts.
How Google Business Profile SEO Can Increase Your Local Presence Online
Google Business Profile, previously known as Google My Business, is a tool that local businesses can use to manage their online presence across Google. This service includes a local Google Business listing, which appears in search results (on the upper right side of the SERP) and on Google Maps. Google Business Profile listings can show up for both branded and non-branded searches (when users search queries related to services or products you offer).
Google Business Profile Features
By creating a Google Business Profile account and activating or claiming your listing, you’ll enjoy access to several valuable features, including:
- Profile Customization – Google Business Profile offers a variety of listing customization options. For example, you can (and should) display your logo prominently so that it resonates with your audience as soon as they find your business. The better your profile looks, the more likely you’ll rise above your competition.
- Vanity URLs – These shortened links make it easier for you to refer people to your Google Business profile through marketing materials and advertisements.
- Photos – Upload and showcase photos for customers to view as they learn about your company.
- Appointment Booking – Users can book an appointment in under a minute directly through your GMB listing.
- Q&A – Host a question-and-answer forum on your listing. This provides insights for users who have inquiries and helps search engines learn more about what you do.
- Review Management – Gather reviews, engage with followers, confront issues, and thank people for supporting your business.
- Google Business Profile App – Access your Google Business Profile account and listing through the easy-to-use Google Business Profile app. This mobile application allows you to customize your listing, post photos, and more, directly from your smartphone.
Why Google Business Profile Optimization is Important for Local Search
When used correctly, GMB is a powerful tool for local businesses, primarily because each listing is like having a second website right in the SERP. This offers valuable visibility and allows potential customers to learn about your company quickly and easily. Of course, the more prominent you are in search results and on Google Maps (for branded and non-branded searches), the more leads, conversions, and sales you’ll get.
Trust Zero Gravity Marketing with all Your Google Business Profile SEO Needs
As a top-rated SEO company in CT, Zero Gravity Marketing is ready to help you succeed. We’re committed to ensuring you enjoy all of the possible benefits of Google Business Profile, from enhanced customer behavior insights to increased visibility in Google Maps searches and more.
Our digital marketing team can assist you with creating, optimizing, maintaining, and growing a Google Business Profile listing that gives your brand visibility on search engine results pages. We’ll ensure that your profile is filled out completely and accurately and can utilize a variety of cutting-edge Google features to ensure your brand gets the most views possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t already have a Google Business Profile listing for your business, there are several ways to create one. First, you’ll need to make a Google business profile or get access to an existing account. Then, add a business to Google through GMB or Google Maps.
If you notice that your business already has a Google Business Profile listing, but you haven’t set it up, you can claim it through Google Maps.
There are a variety of ways to use a GMB listing. To start using your profile, add a business description, your hours, your phone number, your service areas, and a link to your website. This will help your listing show up in search and on Google Maps. Then, optimize your profile even further by adding elements like custom services, products, and offers. Not sure if you’re using Google Business Profile to its full capacity? A skilled digital marketing agency can help you improve your Google Business Profile with continued optimization.
Learn more about using Google Business Profile to enhance your SEO and grow your company.
There are two ways to give customers offers on Google Business Profile. These include:
- Introductory offers, which are special discounts for new customers. This is an excellent way to encourage people to learn more about your business.
- Customer rewards, which reward customers that follow you on Google Business Profile. This is a great tool for engaging with long-term and newly acquired customers.
Google offers a variety of services and products for local businesses, and it can be challenging to keep them all straight. Most often, people confuse Google Business Profile, Google Places, and Google+. Here’s a quick rundown of each:
- Google Business Profile – The central hub for managing how your business appears on Google Maps and in search results.
- Google Places – Google’s original tool for managing business profiles. This service was retired in 2014 and replaced with Google Business Profile, previously known as Google My Business.
- Google+ – Google’s social media network (similar to Facebook), which was phased out in 2019. Google+ focused on joining and interacting with different Communities (public or private groups). Businesses could create Google+ profiles to interact with groups and post pictures and updates.
Grow Your Local Business with Help from ZGM
If you are looking for ways to drive customers to your local business and increase your conversions, then you need to be using Google My Business. However, with so many available features, it’s best to work with a digital marketing team that can provide strategic Local SEO services. At ZGM, our SEO specialists know how to manage business pages on Google and can optimize and grow your profile, so you can make the most of everything Google My Business has to offer.
For more information about our Local SEO and Google My Business services, contact us today!