When brands set out on missions to enhance their bottom lines and gain market share, they often don’t realize the importance of strategizing until things go wrong.
At Zero Gravity Marketing, we don’t have that problem.
Everything we do starts with strategy first. We take pride in rolling up our sleeves and integrating with our clients to become a true extension of their team. This includes auditing current efforts and processes and making recommendations for how we can meet and exceed their marketing goals.
What Is Strategic Planning?
Everyone wants their business to grow and become successful, but without a clear picture of what that success looks like, it’s challenging to take the steps necessary to get there. While it may seem as simple as writing down your ideal revenue each year, an effective plan encompasses much more – and requires careful consideration, research, and execution.
Strategic planning is a process that helps you identify your unique business goals, as well as how you’ll meet and measure them. It also allows you to learn more about your target audience through research, testing, and analysis of analytics. With a strategic plan in place, you can ensure that everything you do contributes to your organization’s success, making your efforts more efficient and valuable.
Building a Strategy at ZGM
Our process employs four main elements:
- Creating a Strategy
- Executing the Strategy
- Measuring and Analyzing Strengths and Opportunities
- Repeating the Process
Our work is never done. We're constantly evaluating, measuring, reconfiguring, and relaunching ideas to ensure our clients' goals are optimized. That's how success is built. We always start by building a foundation. We work to understand our clients' needs, analyze the market landscape, and envision the ideal customer voice. Then, we provide our recommendations.
Subsets of Strategizing at ZGM
Our four-point process encapsulates a number of efforts that are aimed at capturing a holistic picture of our clients’ marketing needs. These include:
- Collaboration – Out team becomes your team, which means you’re as much a part of our process as we are of yours. We seek input from leaders and subject matter experts to ensure we’re adhering to your brand’s optimal goals.
- Target Audience Analysis – Knowing who you’re talking to makes a big difference – and we do that work for you. Our research enables us to identify demographics, buyer behaviors, and other specifics relative to your business objectives.
- Analytics Analysis – Measurable metrics matter. Everything we do is backed by numbers, planned goals, and measurable outcomes. Where do you stand? How well is your campaign doing? We believe in transparency, so you’ll always know what we know. Plus, we’ll deliver success and opportunities with digestible data that makes sense. In addition to recurring status calls with our team, you’ll have access to a custom data dashboard that gives you real-time insight into your campaigns.
- Tactical Plan – Strategy and research are just the beginning. Once we put a tactical plan into place, the real results come to fruition. This is where we deploy test elements, begin live testing, and start to accumulate real data that we can put to the test.
- KPI Setting – Key performance indicators (KPIs) are necessary for clients who truly want to understand the impacts their marketing campaigns are making. At ZGM, we know which benchmarks are important and which items are better left for another day. We’ll always focus on the key points that will benefit your business the most.
Our Omnichannel Approach
From Social Media Marketing to Pay-Per-Click Advertising, each medium plays a crucial role in your business’s success. That’s why we utilize an omnichannel strategy to maximize your results and allow for scalable growth. We leverage paid, owned, and earned media and employ each strategically to align with every step of the buyer’s journey. This creates synergy within your strategy, ultimately streamlining your path to success.
Our approach includes:
Development of a Marketing Ecosystem
To grow your audience and increase your revenue, it’s essential to provide a positive customer experience across all areas of the digital space. This “digital experience” remains our core focus as we develop your marketing ecosystem. Because we know that your business is unique, we’ll tailor every element to ensure everything from insights to strategy and tactical execution align with your goals.
Creating an Integrated Strategy
The most successful strategies include a variety of initiatives, all contributing to a common goal. Therefore, it’s crucial to ensure that all of the channels within your marketing ecosystem support each other and build a comprehensive user experience. By balancing your strategy, you can set your business up for long-term success.
Supporting Special Events and Initiatives
At ZGM, we don’t just look at the big picture – we understand the importance of the individual initiatives that propel your business forward. From planning a rebrand to launching a new product or campaign, we can maximize each special event’s results with strategic planning and an omnichannel vision.
Frequently Asked Questions
A strategic marketing plan establishes goals and tactics for every campaign you run. Not only does this improve your organization and productivity, but it also provides a way to measure your success. Without a strategic plan at the foundation of your efforts, it’s challenging to ensure your business is headed in the right direction.
With strategic marketing planning services from a dedicated marketing team, you’ll have access to expert marketers who can develop and execute a plan that best suits your company. In addition to this, you’ll also enjoy the following benefits:
- A clearer sense of direction for your business
- Increased efficiency across all marketing initiatives
- The opportunity for long-term, scalable growth
- Improved synergy and cohesion across marketing channels
The best part about a strategic marketing plan is that it’s never set in stone. Rather, your strategy is dynamic, allowing you to continually measure, analyze, and optimize your efforts to meet your changing needs. While it’s best to revisit your plan at least once per year, the ideal frequency will depend on your business, goals, and more.
While there are a variety of elements that must be present to ensure your marketing plan is successful, the following are some of the most important:
- Thorough market research
- Long-term and short-term goals
- A solid understanding of your target audience
- Competitive analysis
- A timeline for execution
- Metrics to measure your success
Plan for Success with Help from Zero Gravity Marketing
From small campaigns to long-term marketing plans, the ZGM team can develop effective strategies that help grow your business. For more information about our strategic planning services, or to speak with one of our strategists, contact Zero Gravity Marketing today!