We Are Hiring
Zero Gravity Marketing (ZGM) is looking for a passionate, communicative, and proactive Email & CRM Marketing Strategist to join their General Strategy team. This role will report directly to the Strategy Manager, and be based in our Madison, CT office with opportunities to work from home occasionally.
As Email & CRM Marketing Strategist, you will be responsible for both building larger email strategies and executing on those strategies. This candidate will be working on both ecommerce, B2C, and B2B clients across many ESPs. You will help our clients to build their email list through user acquisition, create complex workflows and email strategies, and then regularly report on the success of those executions. This resource will partner with other departments, such as the design team and the general strategy team, to ensure the success of email campaigns. You will strategically analyze the customer journey as it relates to your email strategies, to ensure a seamless path from email to site. It is key that this resource is proactive and a self-starter, as you will be accountable for email marketing performance and how it aligns with the overall CRM strategy.
Our clients use a variety of ESPs and CRM systems, so in your application, please list the email programs you have experience with and the industries you have managed them for.
- Manage the email marketing strategy for our clients from start to finish. While this will vary based on the client and based on the industry, it’ll generally entail the following:
- Create a monthly email calendar based on promotions, company events, company news, etc.
- Create full email direction, including writing all copy and creating graphic direction for our in-house designers if needed.
- Build the email directly in the client’s ESP.
- QA emails.
- Create weekly or monthly email reports.
- Throughout the month, be digging into the data and be ready to pivot.
- Develop strategies to grow our email subscribers list and increase engagement and performance.
- Conduct upfront email audits in various ESPs.
- Build segments that speak to various user engagements and stages of the sales funnel.
- Support or lead corresponding SMS strategies.
- Work with the larger general strategy team and other teams here at ZGM to bring key messages to life and ensure email strategy fits within larger account strategy.
- Execute A/B tests and determine how winners affect email strategy.
- 2+ years of direct, executional email experience in at least one major ESP like MailChimp, Klaviyo, Constant Contact, etc.
- Pardot, Hubspot, Retention Science and Salesforce experience highly preferred.
- BA or BS required.
- Strong analytical mindset and proven reporting experience.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Experience with user acquisition/lead generation strategies.
- Familiar with reporting tools such as Google Analytics.
- SMS marketing experience is preferred, but not required.