You know that weird phenomenon where you visited a website one day, and then suddenly their products are showing up on every other website you visit? This is no coincidence. This genius strategy is called remarketing, and it can help you increase your conversion rate substantially.
How Remarketing Works
When someone visits your website, browses around, and then leaves without taking action (such as making a purchase or filling out a form), this sends a signal to Google for their browser to remember your site. This snippet of data is known as a cookie, and it tells Google to continue to show that person your ad even after they leave your site. These ads are in the form of remarketing banners. They can be anything from text to images to videos, and they are extremely influential.
The Power of Remarketing Banners
Usually people won’t make a purchase on the first visit to your site. In fact, most online consumers have to visit a site six times before clicking that checkout button. The problem is that most people don’t remember to revisit a site after they have left it. But with remarketing, they won’t have a chance to forget you. The remarketing banner will subtly remind the viewer what they were looking at on your site, and it will be there to draw them back in at just the right time. Here are some additional reasons why you need to add remarketing to your repertoire:
- The online reach of remarketing is huge. In fact, Google will show your remarketing banners on the over two million websites and apps that comprise the Google Display Network.
- The cost to use remarketing is much less than standard PPC campaigns. Since the user has already been to your site, the cost-per-click is usually two to three times lower.
- Due to the lower costs, you can run even more remarketing ads, greatly increasing your brand awareness.
- With remarketing banners, the customer is reminded of your products when the time is right and they are ready to commit.
- You can create several different remarketing lists and define specific goals for each, such as people who left items in their cart or those who have already purchased something.
- Remarketing banners, while seemingly complicated, are actually quite simple to create. You can effortlessly craft several different formats with varying combinations of text, images, and videos.
- Remarketing is extremely traceable. You can know exactly what is working and what isn’t so you can make adjustments accordingly.
The old adage that persistence pays off has never been truer. If you want to target people who have already expressed interest in your product, then putting remarketing banners to use is a no brainer. To see just how powerful a remarketing campaign can be for your conversion rate, contact Zero Gravity Marketing now.